DO, MPH, MS, FAAP
Hi! I’m Dr. Yami, a board-certified pediatrician and a mother of two active and healthy boys. I discovered a love for medicine at age 3 and my passion for pediatrics in medical school.
After graduation, my husband and I left our home in Texas and moved to Yakima, where my interest in healthy living has blossomed. Through research, I've seen the overwhelming evidence of the power that nutrition and lifestyle have to both prevent and potentially reverse chronic disease.
Wanting the best for my own family, I made the decision to start feeding them a plant-based diet. In the beginning, I had many questions and concerns too, but I’ve learned how to help my own kids make healthy food choices and want to help you do the same.
I’m passionate about nutrition, wellness, chronic disease prevention and personal development. I want to support you and your decision to choose a diet that will nourish your children and keep them healthy for a lifetime.
- Board-certified pediatrician
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Member
- T. Colin Campbell Plant Based Nutrition Certification, 2013
- Physician’s Council for Responsible Medicine Certified Food for Life Instructor, 2014
- Certified Health and Wellness coach, 2016
- Rouxbe Cooking School Plant-Based Professional Certification Course, 2016