Plant-Based Whole Wheat Waffles
Whole Wheat Waffles
Makes 4-6 waffles (depending on the size of your waffle iron)
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2-3 Cups of light soy milk or other plant milk
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp Ener-g egg replacer -OR- 2 Tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 3 Tbsp of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix together the flour with 2 cups of milk, baking powder, egg substitute, and salt. Add in the other cup of milk to reach desired consistency and mix thoroughly. Add in the walnuts.
- Lightly spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray. Pour in the batter and bake for 2-4 minutes (depends on your waffle iron).
- When it stops steaming it is probably done! Remove and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!